Thursday, December 16, 2010

This Nice Girl is Going Digital

I'm fed-up with real boys. No, I'm not going to date Pinnochio, I've decided to take my single life into the digital age and try online dating. It's been 3 days, and this is nothing short of extremely entertaining! Some guys are complete douchebags, saying right in their profile "No fat chicks, you know who you are", and "You're lucky I'm even ON this site"...uuuh, are ya kidding me? And about 50% of these men have a picture of themselves holding a big fish they just caught. Can someone please tell these men that we don't give a flying fuck about your snapper? Maybe if you were my ACTUAL boyfriend, you'd get a fake "Way to go, honey!", but please, know your audience. This isn't an application for membership into the Global Navigator's Association, it's a dating site. About 25% of men also advertise that they "get bored easily." Great intro...I believe that's what caused my last 3 boyfriends to stick their dicks in other people. Fail.

The personal messages I receive are generally lame, but the odd time I will receive something that makes me laugh out loud at work, putting my future career in jeopardy. Like this morning, I received "Are you a magician?.. Because when I saw your profile, everyone else's disappeared. Talk to me." Hilarious. Too bad he chose to post a pic with his friend, and his friend is cuter than he is. I also got a message from a marijuana activist. He sent two pictures of himself, one marching in a protest and the other smoking a huge fatty.Yikes.

So here we go, into the new digital era. I have an open mind and an open heart as usual...bring on the handsome doctors!

No comments:

Post a Comment